Parallax Propeller Code
The Parallax Propeller is programmed in a combination of SPIN (similar to Python) and assembly.
I choose this microcontroller, because ...
- ... it has 8 cores. Fast enough to generate all the signals, control the DACs, generate a VGA signal, control a mouse or keyboard and communicate with a PC at the same time.
- ... no programming adapter or extra software is needed for programming. Everything is included in the control software.
- Core 0 - Initialization and GUI
- Core 1 - Communication protocol
- Core 2 - VGA output
- Core 3 - Keyboard / mouse input
- Core 4 - Connection to DA-converters
- Core 5 - Voltage measurement and processing
- Core 6 - Function generator
- Core 7 - unused